Some of my previous cards...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My cup of tea!

Almost at the last minute! I want to tell to my new visitors that every card that I post here has been made with my own drawings. There is always a new drawing on every new post!

I made this card with my “Cup of Tea" and "My Cup of Tea Tag" drawings. I used two, because one of the challenges in which I will enter required two different stamps. I used the sketch of "Our Creative Corner" because I liked it a lot. I do like the final result with the mix of colors of this card in particular. I painted the cup, which have two layers, with watercolors and I added liquid embossing coat on top. As I printed the drawings in white cardstock, I needed to give some “age” to the the tag. I did it using much diluted Burnt Sienna ink. I love to work with inks:)

Thanks for your visit!

Card Supplies:
Images© of EdithDesigns, Bazzill cardstock, miscellaneous designer cardstock, Canson 140lb watercolor paper, Caran D’Ache watercolors, Ecoline Burnt Sienna ink, Fiskars flower border punch, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Lattice Pendants, Cuttlebug Perfectly Paisley and Textile Texture embossing folders, All Night Media Liquid Embossing, glitter paint, dew drops, My Collection metal embellishments, satin golden ribbon, off white silk thread and my sewing machine.

Challenges:
Our Creative Corner: Sketch
Practical Scrappers: Lace Cardstock
Lexi's Creations: Emboss it!
Cute Daysy May: Blue and green
Cupcake Craft Challenge: Blue and green
Stamptacular Sunday: Use 2 Stamps
Stamp with Fun: Card for a girl
The Shabby Tea Room: A little bit of metal
Wild Orchid Challenge: make it sparkle
Charisma Cardz: Hot hot

20 comments:

Nicole said...

Very pretty! Love the tea cup - great job coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Pias Scrap och Doodling said...

You are a true artist! Love your drawings! Thanks for playing with us at Practcial Scrappers! /Pia

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, you do amazing drawings! your cup of tea and tag are beautiful. Love the intricate details. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Chris said...

Wonderful new image on a great card!

Faye said...

Loving your blue and green creation, it is just gorgeous, makes me want to drink tea, right now! Thanks so much for playing at Charisma and Cupcake. xxx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Edith, your drawings are always so wonderful! This is just gorgeous. I love the layers and colors and all that terrific texture! How cool that you used the OCC sketch for it. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Hugs,
Linda

Lori said...

This tea cup looks sooo real I could fill it and have a cup, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week. I have some yummy blogcandy at www.justsoducky.blogspot.com if you're interested!

rozzy said...

such a fantastic card. Thanks so much for playing along at Lexi's Creations this week
hugs rozzy xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Edith, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Debbie said...

What an adorably sweet tea cup image ... I simply love it!!! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Shelly said...

Hi! Love that cuppa! Great take on our Blue & Green theme. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge! Shelly ;

Carolyn said...

What a lovely card. I love the colors and the images are gorgeous. Perfect for our Two's Better Than One Challenge. Thanks for sharing such a fabulous card with us.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Allison said...

such a lovely card
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

BeeBeebabs said...

Very lovely card you did a nice job tfs!!!

Rleen said...

Your card fabulous! I love the sweet image and the embossed papers.
Thanks for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy challenge this month. Hope to see you again next month.
Hugs, Rleen

Andrea said...

Very sweet card - loveley details. Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

coldwaters2 said...

This is one fabulous card Edith love your design and image thank you for sharing this with us at Whoopsie Daisy this month.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Just a real beauty!! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing at Practical Scrappers.

Deanne :)

Sassylassy said...

Lovely card! Thank you for playing along with us at Whoopsi Daisy's monthly challenge. We hope to see you again next month.
Hugs Bonnie

Dena said...

Pretty card!
Thank you so much for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena