Some of my previous cards...

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spooky Little Rex

Hi! Maybe some of you feel the same... but sometimes I would like to have 26-hour days and weeks of at least 8 days. I have not abandoned my love for this art and I know it's been so long since my last card, but here's my new creation.

He is the spooky Little Bear Rex, which I drew especially for Halloween. Do you I think he is creepy? LOL! Poor thing! I know that Rex is tender and loving.
For this card I used the Mojo Monday Sketch and colors Color Our Creative Corner Challenge and take the opportunity to enter other Challenges. As embellishment I made a Black Rose and I added black glitter to it. Very spooky!

Card supplies:
Image© of Edith Designs (me!), Bazzill cardstock different colors, miscellaneous designer paper, 140Lb Canson watercolor paper, Caran D’Ache watercolors, Ecoline Inks., Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two, Cuttlebug border folder, miscellaneous flower and leaves punch papers, black glitter paint, All Night Media Liquid Embossing, organza ribbon, golden silk thread and my sewing machine.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday 159 - Contest
Our Creative Corner Color Challenge
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays - Open challenge
Stamptacular Sunday 79 - Layer it on!
The Crafty Pad - Spooky
Lexis Creations - Spooky
Wild Orchid - Stitch it up
Fab'n'Funky Challenge - Use a digi image
Charisma Cardz - Autumn colors
I Did It Creations - Spooky
One Stitch At A Time - Spooky Halloween

20 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Edith, What a joy to be able to draw your own images. This is a darling card. Love the colors but my favorite is the big bow. Love your work. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Lindsey said...

Great card!Love the colours and the big bow. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Chris said...

Great new drawing on a super cute card!

Ashley said...

gorgeous halloween card! love the ribbon! you'e done an outstanding job! thanks you so much for joining us at stamptacular this week! also i'm giving away a candy at my blog have a look! hugs ashley

laney said...

WOW!! Fabulous card and Image!!!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week hope you can join in next week too
hugs
laney

Farida Rone said...

Great Card!!! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations Challenge and good luck.
Hugs,
Farida

uksharon said...

What a great fun card. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Ronda Archangelo said...

Love your card and little drawing, Edith!!

andyjay said...

Great card! Absolutely love it!

Carolyn said...

This is such an adorable card. I love the image. Your ribbon is so perfect. Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous creation with us for our Layer It On Challenge at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Lexi said...

Stunning card and super cute image :D thanks for playing at LC

hugs Lexi xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Edith
Sorry it's taken me a while to get here, but here I am now. I love your drawings and the way you showcase them on your cards, they are beautiful.
Thankyou for stopping by my blog and being a follower. I will be back.
Luv Brenda xxxx

maxine said...

Great card thanks for joining us at lc

Dena said...

Fun design and fun colors!
Thank you so much for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Jennie said...

Edith! Rex is adorable :D
How creative are you! Its such a lovely card!
I love the colours!!

THanks so much for joining us at IDIC this week

xxx

Vee said...

Such a wonderful and colourful design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck.
xx Vee

Carolyn said...

I love this image that you created, and the card is just beautiful!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Linda64 said...

Great looking Halloween card Edith. Love spooky little bear Rex..and the ribbons looks fantastic.
Hugs, Linda

Emma and Susan said...

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, great card, good luck!
Love and hugs
Susan and Emma
xxx