Some of my previous cards...

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Birds in love. New card and new release!



I still have no name for these birds in love. They are super cute! I made this card using pastel color papers over a blue and violet background. The birds are "popped". In the top layer I put glitter for a light shining effect. I added a small bright flower on her head. I made a roll of paper, the same that I used on the label, to form the stick where the birds are supported. I cut the leaves using a Sizzlits die. A little tag hangs from the "branch”. The small chains allow it to move. The pale golden ribbon combines with the golden thread that I used to sew the layers of cardstock. This new sketch is available here.

I would love to hear some comments!

3 comments:

Beautiful Greetings said...

Edith this is so pretty! I love your coloring here and the the glitter is fantastic!
Where did you find that chain? Super cute card.

Edith said...

Thanks Peggy! The chain is from a bijoux store, where I also buy the crystals and "gems". Maybe Michael's has it.

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Edith, thanks so much for your kind comment - I'm starting to think outside of the box with my cards, and in this case it was a Kleenex box! *grin*

Lovelovelove this card! Your lovebirds image is very sweet, and the chain is right up my alley!

Cheers,
Susan