Some of my previous cards...

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Love card in June...

Just in time to show you my new card! Although Valentines is now too far, I think that a love card is always welcome. So I thought why not to "Send a love card in June" to that special person.


I used my new sketch, the Rose, of my "Say it with Flowers Collection". I think it is a beautiful addition to a love card. As I do like too much 3D cards, I always printed the image 2 or 3 times and carefully cut out the details I want to highlight. In this case, the small rose has a second copy on top and to the big rose I cut out 2 more copies, I removed some petals in different parts and put the smaller piece on top. I think this can be seen better in the second picture.

Card supplies:
Image of EdithDesigns© (that's me!), Bazzill Cardstock, German Cardstock, 140lb watercolor paper, miscellaneous designer paper, Caran d'Ache watercolors, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Floral Fantasy embossing folder, Cat's Eye pigments different colors, Fiskars flower border punch paper, satin ribbon, Hearts from my Cricut Create, little flowers rhinestones, white silk thread and my sewing machine.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday: Sketch
Kaboodle Doodles: 3 papers, 2 embellishments and 1 image
The Shabby Tea Room: Dear to my Heart
One Stitch at a Time: Something new (my new sketch)
Bee Crafty: Something new (my new sketch)
Polka Doodles: Sew and sew
Just Us Girls: Embossed

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Absolutely lovely, Edith! Thanks for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Jill said...

Really love your card Edith. Beautiful sentiment and gorgeous papers. Thanks for playing at Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how very pretty! Love those embossed hearts, and your stamped roses are amazing. I really like how you've layered them for more depth and dimension. thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

Christine said...

Truly beautiful Edith!

Faye said...

Edith, this is a beautiful card, I love your image, what a talented lady you are. Thanks for playing at Kaboodles. x

cheryl said...

oh great card hun love that image and super detail too thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxx

Kerry said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our'Sew and Sew' challenge - lovely to see your work again - sew pretty! Cheers Claire x

Jenny said...

Beautiful stitching! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Fliss said...

Gorgeous work. Thanks so much for joining in with Polka Doodles Sew and Sew challenge.
x