Some of my previous cards...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just mushrooms....

Hi! So many challenges and so little time! I would love to have more hours to make more cards:)
This time I have a new card to show you, that I made using the Mojo Monday Sketch. I also did my best effort to include the requirements of other challenges on it.

I drew these Mushrooms especially for the Stampartic Challenge, which asks for mushrooms on the card. It was very funny, I love them! I printed the drawing several times to give my card a 3D effect. In fact, the mushrooms and the butterfly have two layers and the ladybug have three layers. She looks great with crystal effect. I included a butterfly because I really like them and I think are good as embellishment. Once I painted it I added a thin layer of glitter to give it a subtle shimmer effect.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Card supplies:
Image© of EdithDesigns, Bazzill cardstock, Canson 140lb watercolor paper, Caran D’Ache watercolors, Ecoline 411 Burnt Sienna ink, miscellaneous designer papers, All Night Media Liquid embossing, Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Oval, Fiskars punch and embossing border, flower punch, flower transparent flower button, brown buttons, satin burnt sienna ribbon, silk golden yellow thread and my sewing machine.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday 152
One Stitch at Time - Use punches
Paper Sundaes - Recipe: 4 flowers (4th is on the bow!) three buttons, 2 designer papers
Lexi's Creations - Yellow and Orange
Little Paper Shop 81 - Sewing
Stampartic -Mushrooms
Practical Scrappers - Stitching
Anything Challenge - Three layers
Digital Tuesday - Use your scraps
Crafty Creations - Use butterflies
Flutter by Wednesdays - Recipe: 1 part sparkle, 2 parts designer paper, 3 buttons

24 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Ahh, what a beautiful little card! Love the mushrooms and butterfly! It looks just wonderful! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations Challenge!
Melissa

Sharon said...

Such a pretty card, love the colours you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Sharon x

Saskia said...

Great to see your lovely work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful card with gorgeous colours, very cute mushrooms! Thanks for playing along at OSAAT.
Carol Ann xx

papertrails leaver said...

amazing card! I like the mushroom image and the colors you selected to fill in. It's truly beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! ♥ Amy

craftyb said...

wow...you're a dab hand at mushrrom drawing and thats for sure!! lol I'm so impressed with your drawing and your colouring! The butterfly and ladybug are soooo pretty on them! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Pattie said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love the colors and your sweet little mushrooms! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Lenes stempelkrok said...

Such a great card!!


Thank you for joining our challenge:)

hugs, Lene

France Ringuette said...

Great card, Love the colors you used and the sketch really brings your drawing out !

Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes !

Christine said...

Awww, love the new image Edith, super card!

Danni said...

This is wonderful! I love the butterfly! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Pam Varnell said...

This is jaw dropping Edith. Love your coloring and your stitching. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at the Little Paper Shop.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining this weeks Digital Tuesday Challenge!

XOXO
Kristine

Gem said...

a really fab card! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our Pack a Punch challenge this week! Gemma :)

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful card! I love the ribbon and the rich color! Thanks so much for playing the DTC this week!

Lori said...

Just a simply stunning card. I love the dimension and that ladybug and butterfly are too sweet, Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, We hope to see you back again.
If you're interested I have some yummy blog candy at my blog. www.justsoducky.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers! /Pia

Shelly said...

Beautiful card, Edith!!! How awesome to be able to draw the images for the cards you make.

rozzyb said...

stunning card. Thanks so much for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week
Hugs rozzy xx

Nana said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors, the image is so my type and your coloring is beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes".
hugs Nana

Paul said...

Great use of scraps. I love digi images and a chance to use up those scraps with the Digital Tuesday challenge was great. Now I'm enjoying looking at what others made - such inspiration!
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Just beautiful. I love your drawing and all the dimension!!! Great layout design too!!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

Hugs,
Wendy

Ronda Archangelo said...

Love your card...beautiful! I'm a tad jealous since I made one with that sketch that didn't turn as nice :-)